Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Validation

Caption to Photo: "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." (Ferris Bueller's Day Off)

If I had to define validation, I would probably say it is the accomplishment of something that someone appreciates. I don't what got me started thinking about this, but I honestly can't remember the last time I felt like I was appreciated or validated for something that I did. Don't get me wrong, it's not about the "thank you" because that's not what I'm really talking about, what I'm talking about is the validation that you get for a job well done. I love my job, it is very tiring, and it is very stressful, and every action that I take has the potential to be a life-changing decision, especially if it leads to malpractice. So, with all of these factors, I hardly have the time or the effort to truly feel like my work is validated. If I had to guess, I would imagine that none of us really feel validated for the jobs we do. I think what this all comes down to is that we all do things without really being recognized, and I think that we've all accepted that. In retrospect (all of five minutes), I'm not a good writer and I don't get my point across very well.

Ashley T. asked me why I changed my calendar and I have had more problems with calendars than with anything else with this blog. Kiko had a nice interface and was very simple to use, but when I updated my calendar with a new event it didn't translate to my blog. Thus you see the new calendar, 30boxes. I like this calendar better, it recognizes birthdays and repeats them ad naseum, as well as anniversaries. The biggest thing that you should be asking yourselves is why do I care so much about a calendar. My job with this little project is to make it as neat and read-able as possible. I want people to have no issues interacting with any of the little widgets I have on either side of this page. Simplicity.

I have other pictures of the Oklahoma City Memorial posted on Flickr that you should check out, if you enjoyed the other pictures.

Future plans for Puppy Dog Blue: Taking one of the 43 places I want to go and exploring them a little further. I think they're being ignored.

Finally, with the NBA Finals coming up, please read Maverick Moneyball. It's a really good website with lots of Maverick articles linked all nice and neat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the new calendar. It's not as attractive, but at least it works!!