Monday, June 05, 2006

Oklahoma City National Memorial - Part I

My parents and my wife and I went to Oklahoma City for the weekend for my cousin Tim's wedding. More on the wedding later, but I knew that if we were going to go to Oklahoma City that we should really try and visit the Oklahoma City National Memorial, which is where the following took place:

On the morning of April 19, 1995, Timothy McVeigh parked a rented Ryder truck with explosives in front of the complex and, at 9:02am, a massive explosion occurred which sheared the entire north side of the building, killing 168 people.

I hate taking credit for wanting to go see a memorial, but it was really special, and I think that everyone could really appreciate what this meant.

To be quite honest, it was a moving experience and I'm really glad that we all went.


This is looking down from the north east steps at the reflection pool.


I put a blue filter on my camera to give the scene a different effect. This is the west side of the memorial where the top reads 9:03.


Once again, this is the west side of the memorial.


This is the Survivor Tree, the one tree that survived the blast.


This is the front of the Memorial, the time behind this reads 9:01. It's strange, this picture was not altered, and I can't explain why there's so much white light behind the beginning of the memorial. Quite honestly, I think it looks amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»