Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Ironing


This is how I spent my Saturday afternoon while everyone else went bowling. My mom had asked me to do something with her and I didn't want to break that commitment, but when I got home I knew that I had some serious work to do. In this picture is 20 shirts, that's at least 4 weeks worth of shirts that had not been ironed. It's one of my greatest flaws and one of my least favorite activities. You would think that a big hot-shot attorney would be able to afford to have his shirts ironed, but that seems crazy. Paying someone to do something you can do yourself. Don't get me wrong, there's lots of things I can't do (i.e. fix anything in my house), but the things I can do, it seems silly to pay someone to do them.

By the way, I really appreciate my Mom, she has decided to frame my diplomas, after almost 10 years of them sitting in the closet. I would never have done this, for whatever reason, nevertheless, I thank her.

I have yet to receive any pictures from anyone and (foot tapping) I'm upset. I've got lots of room in my inbox so I'm not real sure why everyone is waiting. I hope everyone participated, and if you didn't then I'll try to catch you next year, or the next.

I don't know if anyone reads the comments, but I want to give a big shout-out and congratulations to Duk who has decided to run for a judicial position in Missouri at the tender age of 30-ish. I've told him that he should blog, the kids love it (just ask TJ) and it would be a great way to document your journey. He's still considering it. As an aside, I would be willing to do whatever is necessary to get the blog looking like it should and something that you're happy with (i.e. red, white and blue everywhere, lots of Duk logos, etc.). You can send pictures and transcripts of public speeches, all things will be posted in a very professional manner (I might even spellcheck it). I also promise not to overuse the parentheses as I have done in this paragraph.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Duk, you make valid points and logic tells me I should listen to you. I won't commit to this theory of yours quite yet.

I am very serious about getting you started with your blog. Let me know what you want and I'll make it happen. I figure I can't vote for you and I'm really not good at many things, nevertheless, I can blog my rear off. I promise to make something you'll really like and I want to take some of the pressure of running in an election off of you.