Sunday, August 27, 2006

Razor - Rest In Peace

I first purchased the Gillette Mach 3 when it first came out, sometime in 1991 or 1992. Even in high school I was cursed with a somewhat heavy beard and whatever disposable razor I purchased at the time always cut up my face and did more harm than good. Essentially I needed a razor that could handle the everyday use without having bloody-face. Once I purchased the Mach 3 I knew I was in love. I had no cuts and a smooth shave, which was all I ever wanted from a razor. The Mach 3 and I remained closer than ever all through my undergrad, and law school, and I don't just mean I used a Mach 3, I have used the same one I bought in 1991. Approximately 15 years later, I felt it was time to put to bed my original Mach 3 and as you can see below, it has been through some battles. I had never noticed how much the handle was about to remove itself from the razor, not to mention, the actual razor wouldn't stay on the handle which cause numerous shaving problems. For those of you who want a real close up of these pictures make sure and click on the picture and then click on it again for an even close look.

Yes, this is some sort of growth or funk. This has grown on my razor despite the fact that I shave in the shower.




Now, I knew it was time to purchase a new razor and I dreaded the thought of standing in Wal-Mart and trying to choose between the Gillette Fusion and the more plain Gillette M3 Power. Nevertheless, the trip to Wal-Mart was made and I was astounded by the price for refills for either of these brands. It would cost me $20 to purchase the razor and $23 dollars to purchase 4 refill razors. Doesn't anyone else think that this is a tad bit ridiculous? The thought of spending $50 on a razor was not something I was about to do. So I purchased some Gillette disposable razors that look like the old Mach 3 for about $6 for 6 razors. To my surprise they were absolutely awesome. I was expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised that this is the essentially the same razor that I first purchased in 1991. For those of you who may be facing a new razor purchase sometime soon, I highly recommend this purchase, especially if you a cheap son-of-a-gun like myself.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wikipedia is all lies. Just read about Mark Cuban, it's all lies. I really thought that I remembered buying it then. Nevertheless, the rest of my story is true.

INAMAM said...

Wow, your caught in the middle of a viscous lie. But I do appreciate the good info on the disposables. I too am a Mach 3 man, but mine doesn't have fumunda cheese growing on it like this one.

Your a sick, cheap man pup.