Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Dog Sitting

This past weekend Miranda and I dog-sat Randy and Ann's new Jack Russell, Curly. Needless to say we had our hands full with three other dogs and a puppy. Not to mention, we had to celebrate Miranda's birthday.

As you can see below, this is what we've been fight for the last 4 weeks or so. Blucipher has been shedding like no one's business. What you see below is what happens when I brush her for 1 minute. It almost looks like we've sheared a sheep or like one of our dogs killed a small animal, but no, this is simply brushing my dog. I've been told that I need the ShedEnder, but I'm not sure that this is the way to go.


Blue.


Curly.


Curly hiding.


Zo-Zo.


A somewhat funny story. Sunday morning, I'm outside with the Blue and Curly and they're playing, which is great because this means that they'll sleep the rest of the day. Curly's running around and runs right into one of the iron patio chairs. I was expecting a yelp or something, but Curly simply turned on her side and groaned. I started to freak out just a little bit because this was not the reaction I was expecting. Curly laid quite still for some time and she started moving, barely. You could tell she was shaken and she walked over to the grass and proceeded to throw-up, twice. I'm not a medical doctor nor am I a vet, but if I had to guess, old Curly had a pretty serious concussion. I kept a close eye on him the rest of the day and he seemed to be fine by the time that Randy and Ann picked him up.

I've been reading a new website, Big Screen Little Screen, for non-traditional movie and television news. If you like movies and television that make you think, then this may be the place for you to go.

I also cannot remember where I found this, but I found an online exhibition called Bound for Glory: America in Color and it's a pretty amazing set of photographs from 1939 to 1943. I get really caught up in these people's faces. I don't know if there was more expression in people's faces 50 years ago, or the fact that in comparison, there's hardly any suffering in America to that time. I don't know, but it's amazing nonetheless. (Edit, this is from Kottke.)

Also, I've added another Mavs website to the right, Mav Central. It's got fresh content at least twice a week and it's well written.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

seth can you tell me how to post more than 5 pictures in one blog post?