Monday, May 01, 2006

Getting My Sod On, On


I am so happy, now my dogs must understand that they are not to dig and tear up the yard.


Green and lush, I'll be walking barefoot in no time.

The dreaded before picture. Not only was there very little rye grass, but the dirt was so compacted from the dogs that I knew this wasn't going to be a fun project.

These pictures are a little out of order, but you get the idea. My brother Ryan and I planted 2 pallets of sod on Saturday and it was really back-breaking work, but it was well worth it. I am not a person who likes to borrow things, so I didn't borrow my father-in-law's tiller and I tilled everything using one of those 4 pronged forks. I also don't like asking for help, but I really couldn't have done it without Ryan. While I finished up tilling and raking the smaller back portion of the yard, he pretty much laid all of the sod. Miranda's contribution was getting Whataburger for the 3 of us and he contribution does not go unnoticed.

For the first time in a really long time, I chose to listen to an event rather than watch it on television. Our local sports station, The Ticket, broadcasted the draft and it was good times. I didn't care to see highlights or Mel, or Chris Berman, etc. It was so much more pleasant to sit there and listen and be entertained. So my Saturday was spent doing the sod thing, but my Sunday was completely devoted to doing a few chores and sitting outside and listening to the radio. I would occasionally pick up a book during commercial breaks, but for the most part I just sat there in the shade of my trees, watering my newly laid sod and listened. Good times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.