Sunday, February 05, 2006

Ryan

I've been meaning to post about this for quite a while and I've been thinking about it for quite a while. Ryan is my brother, we do not have the closest relationship, much of which I blame on myself for various reasons, but this is not what this is about. Ryan is a baker. That's right, a baker, in the very old sense of the term. He bakes cakes, breads, cookies, etc. Ryan has always fought the good fight in employment. Lots of people say that if you have can have job satisfaction then you will find happiness. No one has been beaten down by the prospect of doing something that he obviously loves, but it seems that no employer will return that love with a bigger paycheck. He has always wanted to bake. This is what he does. He doesn't want much in return. Just a salary, and I don't think that this is too much to ask. How many of us would take job after job and never back down from his passion? I dare say that few of us would keep up that desire. In all honesty, he could try and do something else, but I believe that he wouldn't be doing what he loves and he wouldn't be happy. It would just be nice if someone returned the favor.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Duk, I was beginning to wonder if you decided it was no longer "cool" to post comments. I will be out of the office all day today, but I hope to have new content up on Thursday or Friday. If you need additional TV, then check out Flavor of Love on VH1. Flavor Flav is genius