Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I Really Got Nothing


I don't think that anyone's noticed, but I'm trying to stay on schedule to blog twice a week. This of course does not take into consideration the exception weekend happening which usually deserves a post or two of its own. As I said before, I'd like to get paid for blogging and Raider Red Nation is taking up quite a bit of my time right now as it requires nearly daily updates. Wednesday has been my usual day to post an entry, other than on the weekends because there's been absolutely nothing on television.

Sunday morning I read an exceptional article from Michael Lewis, the guy who brought us Moneyball, on a football player named Michael Oher (via Kottke). The blog where I found this article had an even more interesting follow up thought to the article itself and although I was certainly thinking his sentiments, I don't think I would have expressed them. Not because I think that they're wrong, quite frankly I believe Kottke to raise some really good points, but because I don't know how others would feel about me making those same allegations. Homework is to read both articles and tell me what you think, but make sure and read the NY Times article first. Are we reading too much into the article or is there a point to all of this?

As an aside, these are things that are making me happy that are on television:
1. Scrubs (two every night on Comedy Central). I think they were better those first years and not so slapstick.
2. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. this is a really well written, and I would call it smart television.
3. The regulars (The Office, My Name is Earl, How I Met Your Mother, Two and A Half Men, etc.)
4. The Unit. I've just started watching this and it's really good.

No comments: