Thursday, July 27, 2006

Mashed Potatoes


I am only writing the following for posterity:

Since Miranda's been at home during the summer she has been an absolutely wonderful wife. She has literally had dinner ready when I got home from work. I don't tell her how much I appreciate what she's done, but I really do, I realize that I'm lucky and this fantasy world will end when she school starts back.

Nevertheless, the other day she cooked meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Miranda's recipe for mashed potatoes: potatoes, salt, and pepper. She asked how the mashed potatoes were and I said that they were good but a little dry. She then responded that she cooked the potatoes for 30 minutes. I asked her about the milk and butter that I thought were also ingredients. She had no idea what I was talking about. It was funny and priceless all at the same time.

So I'm back in the real world, no vacation time until Christmas. I noticed that before the vacation, weeks were dragging by, but now they seem to be going by quickly. It is amazing how the mind can affect what we believe is a long time when in reality it is no longer of a period of time than anything else.

I came across a neat website, What I Should Read Next. The concept is simple, type in the name of the book and this will spit out books that you may enjoy. This is handy for me because there are certain books that I really enjoy and I can be a voracious reader at times, but if nothing piques my interest then I really could care less about reading anything. For example, Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand is my all time favorite book, so perhaps I should be reading these instead of guess what I would like or not like.

By the way, this site also has a music and movie equivalent.

Have you ever thought about your life in terms of a timeline? I've often thought that seeing your life relative to where you are and what you're doing now would be a pretty neat experience. Somewhat out of body if you will. Dandelife will plot your life on a timeline. This is my next internet project, behind trying to keep up with publishing a book of the first year of my little project, and of course, I'm sure there will be a link at sometime.

I'm beginning to think that the point of all of this is that we have to keep doing, don't be complacent, don't just sit there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»