Saturday, January 06, 2007

Christmas 2006

I didn't do a very good job of taking pictures of the whole family this year and I didn't take any pictures at the , but took a couple pictures of the dogs.

Olive.

IMG_2076

My wife and her mother believe that dogs love these stuffed animals that squeak or honk. I know it's a little gory, but here's what's left of a rooster, legs and a head. I know, it's graphic, but it's the truth.

IMG_2114

Blue and Zoey, enjoying their Christmas prey.

IMG_2115

Other remnants of said turkey, avert your eyes.

IMG_2108

Christmas was wonderful and too short. This time of year always seems like the holiday season is too quick and I'm reminded that I haven't had any significant time off since the Colorado vacation.

I know that PDB has lacked for content recently and I blame Double T Nation. It's gotten to the point where the only television that I watch is sports. I've even stopped watching some of my favorite programs: The Office, Scrubs, My Name Is Earl, Heroes, etc. I don't know if that's good or bad, it's good from the standpoint that I'm not spending my time in front of the television, but it's bad because I spend all of my time in front of the computer. Pretty soon, I will lose any and all references to pop culture phenomenons or quirky sayings on hit television shows.

I think that eventually, I'll find a happy medium, as Duk said last weekend, I'm all jazzed up about the Double T stuff that it will eventually lose it's luster. Not to mention, it's the football offseason, and once basketball is over, I'll be left to write about college baseball? How will I fill the time, how will I keep my readers interested? So many questions and so few answers.

Nevertheless, I'll keep plugging on forward, realizing that this may become more of a photo blog than anything else. I will always continue to take pictures, I can promise that.

Which reminds me that we should all start encouraging my beautiful and wonderful wife to allow me to purchase a new sweet and totally awesome digital SLR camera. A subtle email to her wouldn't hurt.

No comments: