Sunday, December 17, 2006

Ryan's Day

Last Friday night Ryan helped open the new restaurant, Veuve, where he is the head pastry chef. I must say, it was a proud and memorable night. Cousins Tim and Mark came down from Oklahoma. It was a cold night but a really great night for Ryan. Ryan doesn't get to relish in good things, and this year has been particularly rough on him, but last Friday night, was a special night. For us, his family members, it was all about him. We are proud of you. Keep it going, don't rest on your laurels.

Marilea, Ryan, Saralyn and myself.
IMG_2017

Marilea, Ryan and Saralyn.
IMG_2016

Ryan, Mom and Dad.
IMG_2012

Christmas is quickly approaching and believe it or not, it's been over a year since I started this little project. As all things do, this has morphed into something a little bit different and lately I have been spending more time with Double T Nation, and it's meant a drop-off in my writing here. I haven't heard any complaints, so I assume that it's okay with everyone, or at the very least you understand.

I have become obsessed with personal finance and saving. I have probably written 9 or 10 blurbs about personal finance in the last 2 months and prior to that I had written none. To be honest, I'm not just obsessed with personal finance, but inspired by it. For those of you who knew me, I have always been obsessed with saving money or being more frugal than not, but now that there are websites dedicated to personal finance, well that's just too good to be true.

So in the Christmas spirit, I'll try to give as many people as possible online Christmas gifts or links that hopefully will make your lives better. The first one is for Terry Joe. Since he's getting out of school soon, I ran across this article about jump-starting your life with a financial plan (thanks to Get Rich Slowly).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Christmas post time!!

Unknown said...

p.s. I believe you have a hot date with Four Winds that isn't on your calendar....I'm giving you a C minus for participation this semester, seth.