Friday, October 06, 2006

Tulsa Fellowship

The weekend could not have started any better. Hat Day came a day early as I had taken the day off on Friday to visit Ben, Beano and Big Time for a little bit of fellowship. As all things with my law school group it is always a good time.

The trip to Tulsa was uneventful.

IMG_1722

I kept thinking that this trip would have been a lot more fun with Blue, but I doubt that Big Time would have appreciated an unexpected, but lovable, puppy dog.

IMG_1723

Duk, who's just an attorney from a small Missouri town.

IMG_1724

Beano looks pretty damned happy to see me.

IMG_1725

Big Time's house.

IMG_1727

I don't know exactly how this started, but in order to play washers we have to choose teams. Through the process of "Choose the Rock" Beano and I became partners.

Duk doing his best.

IMG_1733

Beano is taking control.

IMG_1734

Big Time on home turf.

IMG_1735

Now, I may embellish the final score, but I know that Beano and I put a whoppin' on Duk and Big Time the first two games. Duk and Big Time won the next game and then Beano and I won the last game. At some point during the match, as Beano probably sunk another washer, I yelled Wolverines and little did I know the name would stick the rest of the weekend.

This is a License for Prostitution for Midnight Rose. Beano and Duk made Big Time purchase this at the last gun show they attended. Please click on the largest version as it appears that Marshall Wyatt Earp executed this document. I have no way of knowing if this is an accurate document, but it's neat nonetheless.

IMG_1737

The next game on tap was Pitch. Now, I've only played Pitch one other time and it's a lot like Spades. Once again, it was team Wolverine versus two guys who have not been able to think of a cool team name.

Bigs and Beano.

IMG_1742

Beano and Duk.

IMG_1743

Me and my hot double chin.

IMG_1744

After three games, Beano and I, I mean Team Wolverine, handed it to the Thundersticks. It's not a bad name, but it's not Team Wolverine.

IMG_1747

IMG_1746

The final and third match was golf. It had been approximately 10 years since Beano last played and it was approximately 1 year since I last played. We knew that the Wolverines were in for a fight. For those of you who don't know, those sunglasses that Beano is wearing are original Oakleys and they are 15 years old. That is awesome.

IMG_1750

Team Thunderstick.

IMG_1752

Beano.

IMG_1760

Big Time.

IMG_1757

Duk.

IMG_1758

Unfortunately for Team Wolverine, we could not overcome a 20 stroke differential, however, Team Wolverine was still up two events to one. We headed home and watched the second half of the Texas Tech v. A & M. Lucky for me, the game ended well, as did my weekend with my partners.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That house is adorable.