Saturday, December 24, 2005

Mavericks win

I stayed up and watched the Mavericks game last night and I couldn't help but think that they were going to lose that game. Mark Cuban had an interesting post on his blog a couple of days ago and mentioned the failure rate of teams who play on back to back nights and then goes into teams that play back to back on the road (even worse). Needless to say, the Mavs pulled this one out and it was a really good game. I think the other thing that I want to eventually get into at a later date is the relative youth of the Mavs, detailing the large number of players under the age of 27 or 28 and that their window is larger than most people think. Just as an example, think about the ages of Harris, Howard, Daniels, Diop, Terry, Dirk, Dampier, Terry (all under the age of 30 at this point of their careers). Although they can't beat the Lakers (I think they just don't have anyone who can match up with Kobe, but then again who does) they are a very good team and I'm not going to go so far as to say that the Mavs will beat San Antonio, but it will be close.

No comments: